Friends of the Bailey Library is a volunteer organization composed of dedicated volunteers who strive to educate, encourage, enlighten and entertain the Bailey Community by supporting and promoting library services:
The FOBL supports the library by:
- Increasing public knowledge and support of the library.
- Promoting public awareness of library programs.
- Participating in public relations in support of the library.
- Providing additional financial support.
- Encouraging volunteers and sponsoring programs in support of “Friends” events that broaden our sense of community.
Membership shall be granted to any individual who desires to further the purpose of the Friends of the Bailey Library upon payment of the yearly membership dues.
- Membership dues are $12.00.
- Membership shall be annually from January through December beginning in January 2019. Any membership requested during the year shall be pro-rated at $1.00 per month, then billed annually each January thereafter.
- Please contact the “Friends” for more information via email at: email@example.com
Examples of Fundraising Events
- Annual Book Faire
- Used book sales in Judy’s Place, which opens 30 minutes after the library opens and closes 30 minutes prior to the library closing.
- Bag your own books for $5 every day.
- Espresso machine Sales
Other Events/Sponsored Programs.
- Membership Events, such as the annual Easter egg hunt
- Library events, such as the summer reading programs
- Silent Auctions
- Reading during the Library’s children’s story hours
- Book processing and shelving
- Yardwoork and helping to upkeep the grounds.
Please drop by the library and ask about a volunteer application.